Monday, September 20, 2010

Scented Sugars

Scented sugar!  I am in love with this idea.  When I saw this I couldn't help but think, I need scented sugar.  Who doesn't need it?  The idea is so exotic and beautiful.  What a great idea for a gift at Christmas time.

(marthastewart.com)

It is extremely easy to make.  Find the flavor you want to infuse into your sugar.  Some suggestions are vanilla beans, orange peals that have set out for a day to dry, or even rose petals.  I have vanilla beans left over from making homemade vanilla so I will be using them for my scented sugar.  Plus I feel the vanilla is a pretty versatile flavor.  But orange sure sounds yummy to me too!  Then you just layer granulated sugar and your flavor and walla, you have an extremely exotic gift sure to please.  Martha suggests making them in small batches.  I will be trying mine today and let you know how it turns out in a few days!!! 

4 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

Thanks for posting this idea Mandie. I think I would like a lemon sugar. Looks wonderful, and I hope yours turn out great. Let us know!
Maureen

Lily said...

I am definitely going to make one this Christmas for my mum. She would love it. Thank you Mandie.

Lily

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Mandie,

What a nice gift! They are gorgeous (note to self - look for great jars like these)!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Laura Loo said...

This is a good idea! Mmmm it sounds right up my alley too. Definitely want to try vanilla! Orange sounds good as well