Friday, July 6, 2012

Christmas in July Craft 1


Merry Christmas in July to all of my Christmas loving friends!!!  Last Christmas I vowed to be done with all of the gifts by October... that being said, I better get my tooshie in gear :-).  To start my Christmas holiday venture off I made these sweet little owl's.  I found the idea off of Pinterest.  Kristen over at Domestifluff has the wonderful template and instructions on how to make this sweet little owl gift box.  You can find the direct link by heading to her blog full of great ideas or on my Pinterest under the "Gift Ideas" board.  It will be a Halloween owl in black (CUTE)!!  I fell in love with her owl as soon as I saw it.  Only thing is she did it for Halloween.  In order to change the owl from scowling to sweet I moved the large triangle from being in front of the owl's eye's to behind... waaalaa!

 

This is what it will look like when you cut out the shape of the owl gift box and score the dotted lines.


Here it is all taped and put together :-).  From here I cut out the other shapes, glued, and sprinkled glitter on them.


Seeing the white glitter in a pile on the table reminded me of snow!  Sure was nice to think of a cooler time... it's been HOT here!  104... Yikes!!


Silly little owl just had to be in the picture ;-)

These gift boxes could be used for so many things...

money
jewelry
gift card
special notes
candy
What ever you can stuff in there! 
   

signature

7 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So cute and wahat a great idea for gift boxes!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Carrie said...

Really darling gift box!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I want to do a post in the middle of the week showcasing the blogs that are participating in Christmas in July. So I am asking for permission to show a picture from something you posted for the celebration with a link back to your blog.Will that me okay?
Let me know..

Hugs,
Deb

candice said...

Really cute! I can't wait for Christmas!

Mrs.T said...

Very, very cute! I like how you changed it from a scowling owl to a sweet one.

Dorothy said...

Adorable gift boxes Mandie! These will definitely give the recipient a smile! Try and stay cool!

Unknown said...

I love owls and these are so cute and seem pretty easy to make. They are great!

Thanks for sharing.
Heidi
Buy Here Pay Here