Sunday, November 14, 2010

A little more Christmas...

This year I have tried to decorate with the color white.  This has been challenging because I want to use things that are vintage or things that mean a lot to us and not have to buy new. 


Here is a glass jar filled with bead garland and a wreath that usually hangs on the front door.


A stack of old and special books.  The top book came from my Great Grandmothers house.


Here is the old scale that the beautiful church my hubby bought is sitting on.  I tucked some sprigs next to it  to make it a little more Christmasy.


Some more scales with a little Christmas cheer.


Here is the top of our kitchen buffet.  This buffet is very special to me because my hubby made it in high school.  It was his first big wood project.  I am sure this "buffet" was originally a shelf unit for books and such but I have renaimed it : ).  I LOVE it so much!


And here is a full picture of the kitchen buffet.  The old window came out of my in-laws house and the folded linens came from my Great Grandmothers house.  All things that are special or vintage!  I made another bunting.  Do you see it?  It says NOEL and is hanging on the old window. 

Thank you for venturing through the decorations on my kitchen buffet!  I have been working on my piano and found an adorable snowman from T.J. Maxx that I can't wait to show you. 

Only 40 more days until Christmas!!!!

 signature

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Very nice! White can be tricky. I just saw this post from House of Smiths. She has some lovely white decorations. Check it out!

http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/2010/11/blue-green-white-and-silver-christmas.html

I'm itching to start decorating, but we'll probably wait until closer to December.

Natasha in Oz said...

These ideas are so lovely! I am having so much decorating our house at the moment.

Your blog looks wonderful. The new background is gorgeous!

Blessings and best wishes,
Natasha.

Dorothy said...

Love your decorating ideas! I like to leave little sprigs of pine or holly among my decorations too. It adds such a festive touch! Each year my husband has my gifts wrapped and I always save the sprigs of pine or packages, or bows that are on the gifts and use them for decorating. It's nice to decorate with things that mean so much to you.

Amy Kinser said...

I am changing to a lot of white, silver, bluish green with a little red this year. Lots of painting and glittering so I don't have to buy so much new stuff. Fun fun fun. Yours all looks great.

Christmas-etc... said...

So lovely! The white decorations with the color of your kitchen wall is just superb! I love the wreath and the beads in the jar! Actually...I love everything! Thanks for this lovely mood-setting post!
Blessings!
Ann
PS I can't believe how close we are to Christmas this year!!!

Celestial Charms said...

Everything is looking so lovely. Love decorating with books too!
Maureen

Dorothy said...

Hi Mandie,
I sent both of those ecards I made to you at your yahoo address. Maybe you will be able to view them that way. I don't know why they won't play for you on my blog. Hope you get to see them.

Dorothy

TeresasCrafts a.k.a. CandyCanesnews said...

love your decorations!!

Pearl Maple said...

Love your count down through the year, the rush to the big day, and all the fun things you find to share with us. Have a great weekend.

♥ Lila ♥ said...

Wow! Ideas so lovely! Your blog is wonderful and your home so beautiful.
Best wishes,
Lila