Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chalk Paint Gifts!

Howdy partners! Christmas is right around the corner, woohoo! This is the best time of year for me. I look forward to this season all year long!!! The anticipation, the gathering of families and friends, the smells, the baking, the love of Jesus is the bees knees! And this year I have been on a mission to make gifts for loved ones. This idea has been so much fun!!



I am head over heals for this stuff, chalk paint! I recently picked up glass jars from Wal-Mart, taped off a square, and painted them and I am loving what they look like. I plan to store sugar and flour in them. How darling they will be when I use my new chalk ink!! Another thing I am head over heals for, wow! I have written directly on glass, plastic, and chalkboards and it writes beautifully and wipes off easily. I have been looking around the house to see what I can get my hands on, lol.

I am hoping to make a couple more to give away as presents!!

Happy crafting

3 comments:

Marcie said...

What a neat idea. I've never even heard of chalk ink! Do you get it at the craft store? I'd love to see your flour, sugar, etc. jars when the words are written on and the jars filled. :)

PS I love the idea of your special blog dedicated to Christmas. Seems just right for you!

Peggy said...

I am just loving this blog! Thanks for sharing great gift ideas

Mandie said...

Aisling I found the chalk ink on ebay. You can also get it from amazon or going directly to their website. I am not sure what it is but if you search chalk ink it will come up. I found that going to ebay it was a lot cheaper. I LOVE this stuff! Thank you, I really do secretly love everything Christmas! My family and close friends know this and just roll their eyes when they hear my music in the background, hehe.

Peggy thank you! You are so sweet! I am truely inspired by your blog to live simply and I love your cabin!