Sunday, November 2, 2008

Homemade gift ideas, here we come...

In today's changing economy, one can never be too careful with their money. So this year I have been really racking my brain on things I can make that people will really appreciate and not brake the bank at the same time. One of my idea's is a photo album. We live far from family and they miss out on a lot that the girls go through. I am hoping that they will be happy to receive a scrapbook of pictures of the girls throughout the year. We found a really pretty scrapbook at Hobby Lobby sometime during the summer, it was on sale. It is already decorated, I just need to add pictures and some writing to explain the scene. Simple, cheap, and personal at the same time.

3 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

Photo albums are a great gift. My mum is always saying she does not need any more slippers but can never have enough memories of happy days for which an album of fun photos is perfect.

Mandie said...

I would have to agree. I love looking at older photos and remembering the fun times in our lives.

Dorothy said...

I know this is an old post, but scrapbooks make beautiful gifts and I'll bet the recipient really appreciated it. I have made a lot of them for myself and for others as gifts and they love them. Now I seem to do more of the digital ones. They turn out so nice.