Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Winter finds in the summer

While we were in Kansas I went junking with my sister-in-law. We hit all kinds of places. At one of the places I found this darling sled. I fell in love with it! The price marked on it was $11. I asked if she would take $10 and she said sure. Yipee



Then we went to another junk store and I found these wonderful ice skates. The price on these babies was $15. I saw that and I knew I couldn't pay that. I gently asked the lady if she could take less. She laughed and said sure, I have had them for a long time and I can't sell them. You can have them for $8. Double yipee!!!


I can't wait for winter! We are in the dog days of summer and some cold weather sounds sooo appealing. You can always put more clothes on but you can't take enough off.

2 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

Cool to be finding bargains at any time of year. What will you be doing with the sled? Refurbish for play or paint and decorate?

Tbinking about Christmas out of season is my little trick to putting a smile and kick into my day, hope you are having a great weekend.

Mandie said...

I want to decorate with it. I am wanting to put it on the porch with the skates or in the walkway. I was tickled when I found it! It seems like I am on this blog more then my other one. I love to listen to the music as I clean or look at books. I LOVE Christmas. Hope you have a blessed week as well.